One registered delegate is permitted to submit a maximum of 3 abstracts.
The Evaluation Committee is permitted to change the presentation type (oral/poster) of the submitted abstract.
PREPARATION OF YOUR ABSTRACT
- Abstracts must be submitted in English. A “blind” selection process will be used. No identifying features such as names of hospitals, medical schools, clinics or cities may be listed in the title or text of the abstract. Do not include the names of authors either. Their names and affiliations (institutions) will be registered separately when submitting the abstract online.
- Information in the abstract must be original and not previously published.
- The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to clearly indicate the nature of the study. Abbreviations must not be used in the title.
- The abstract must fit in ONE PAGE ONLY (according to the layout chosen) and shall not exceed 3000 characters (including spaces). While the SECOND PAGE will only display figures , tables and legends). .Abstracts which will not respect this constraint will automatically be rejected.
- You can click on the relevant icons to insert tables, pictures or specific characters.
- Structure your abstract using the following subheadings:
- Introduction & Objectives: A sentence describing the purpose of the study
- Materials & Methods: Describe the methods or experimental subjects precisely
- Results: Describe your results in a logical sequence
- Conclusions: Emphasise new and important aspects of the study and conclusions that are drawn from them
- Failure to comply with the following requirements will lead to automatic rejection of the submission:
- Check spelling and grammar carefully. Direct reproduction from your electronically submitted abstract text means that any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific data will be reproduced as submitted.
- The evaluation and scoring of the abstract (acceptance as poster or as oral communication, or rejection) will be made according to a number of criteria, including:
- Is the content interesting, informative, novel or important?
- Are the methods valid, the results relevant and the conclusions justified by the data?
- Are the data presented with clarity and with appropriate structure?
- Is the text written according to proper English grammar and syntactic style?
- The authors have to specify if they wish the submission to presented as:
- Poster presentation only
- Oral presentation only (that is, if rejection of the abstract, no communication!)
- Poster or oral presentation
COPYRIGHT AND PUBLICATION OF ABSTRACTS
Submission of an abstract implies that it has been approved by all listed authors.
The Scientific Programming Committee reserves the right to make the final decision concerning the form of presentation.
Accepted abstracts will be published on the official abstract Flash Disc, which will be distributed at the Congress in the delegate bags. The abstracts may also be published on the ICHC 2017 website. Submission of an abstract constitutes your consent to publication (e.g. Congress website, programmes, other promotional material, etc...)
Abstracts will be published as submitted. Errors will not be amended by the organisers.
- Advances in image analysis
- Calcified tissues, Biomaterials and Regenerative medicine
- Cancer biology
- Cellular aging and cell death
- Correlating light and electronmicroscopy
- Developmental and reproductive biology
- Epigenetics & molecular cytogenetics
- In vivo imaging
- Intracellular membrane dynamics
- Mass spectrometry imaging
- Pathology and clinical medicine
- Stem cells
- Structure & function of the cell
- Techniques in immunohistochemistry
- The cell nucleus: structure, dynamics and genetics
- Please read instructions carefully before filling the application form.
- You can edit your saved abstracts until you submit them to the Scientific Committee.
Steps for Submitting an Abstract
- Step 1: Presentation Options
- Step 2: Institution Information
- Step 3: Author Information
- Step 4: Presenting Author Information
- Step 5: Abstract Title
- Step 6: Abstract (Maximum 350 words)
- Step 7: Keywords
- Step 8: Additional Files
- Step 9: Preview & Check
- Step 10: Save / Submit to the Committee
*The abstracts of those who have not made their registration payments will not be published in the abstract book.